Monday, June 02, 2008

The Rambling Freelancer Begins the Next Stage of Her Journey



View Larger Map



From Rowlett Texas to somewhere near Fountain Hills, AZ to cover a Land Rover off-road event held at night because it is too hot for the rigs during the day - cool, huh?!?



I am leaving here June 4th at about 6am and staying just north of Carlsbad, NM that night. Then head to Lordsburg, NM for Thursday night. Friday is a short drive to Benson, AZ and spending part of the day in Tombstone, AZ. Saturday is a short hop to the staging area for the night run and at this point, I am not completely sure where that actually is, just that it is near Fountain Hills (more information on that later I guess).



Google says it is 1150 miles and it will take me 20 hrs to drive this far. With the old Rangie, I always add a bit of time to that but I shouldn't be too far off. I am curious to see if my fuel consumption gets better with all the work Jon has done on the rig - it should make a huge difference as she is not fighting herself anymore!
I am not staying anywhere too exciting on this trip - all KOA campgrounds. They are cheap and they all have free WiFi so I can do some work while I am travelling - pretty important for this freelancer.
Should be an interesting trip - watch for further updates from Wednesday on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment