Friday, June 13, 2008

Day Ten - Williams to Page, AZ




Leaving the Williams KOA was a bit of a blessing. Don't get me wrong, its a nice KOA as KOAs go but the wireless internet didn't work at the campsite so I had to sit up on the porch to do any work! Crazy stuff! And it got cold at night...real cold...like 2 degrees Celsius cold! Made for a bad night's sleep! Nice enough people though and my neighbour's were very friendly and interesting to chat with about their travels and the local area.
I left at 10am not really knowing where I wanted to spend the night tonight. I wanted to get all the way to Glendale, UT but that was nearly 5hrs driving by Google so add about an hour to that for Range Rover time. Seemed a bit much on a bad night's sleep and left no time for siteseeing in Flagstaff. I was considering whimping out and staying at the Flagstaff KOA - a whopping 30 miles down the road. However, their night would be just as cold and I ended up driving right past it anyway. So on I went to Page, AZ where Jon recommended I stay the night. Pretty drive - amazing scenery and not a main freeway so speed limits stayed within old Rover ranges - no Fear Factor necessary.
I am getting ahead of myself however. Old Town Flagstaff is wonderful! I could have stayed there all day and considered grabbing a room at one of the old original hotels but that seemed too easy for some reason. I just got in the rig and headed towards Page (actually aiming for the KOA but it proved impossible to find). To the left is the back of the Hotel Monte Vista and to the right is just a pretty street. I could have spent a ton more time there - maybe next time!
Tonight I am going to work (of course) but catch the sunset over Lake Powell - should be pretty so watch for the photos later on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment