Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 11 - Page, AZ to Twin Falls, ID

Six hundred and three miles today! Long day but a good one. The scenery was amazing but since I decided to just put miles under my wheels, I didn't stop to shoot any of it.



View Larger Map

Everyone should visit the southern part of Utah at some point in their lives. In all of the 9000 miles I covered on this trip, southern Utah is by far the most spectacular and worth the trip. Unfortunately, driving through with a desire to just get home made it difficult to appreciate but I will come back and with more time on my hands, a co-pilot and hopefully a little less stress!
I ended up in a KOA at Twin Falls, ID and aside from being placed beside a garbage bin (couldn't figure out what the funny smell was for most of the evening), it was the nicest camp spot I have had to date. I had my own shade tree and the site was mostly grass - a huge improvement to the dirt of some and the lava rocks of Williams, AZ which did a great job of getting between sandal and feet with every step.
It was a nice place to stop and ended up spending the evening chatting with a father and son who race street bikes. Different world then what I play in and was interesting to learn about it. And the bikes were really cool!
Headed off at about 9:30 that morning hoping to make Yakima, WA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment