Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day Thirteen - Yakima, WA to Home


View Larger Map

Home sweet home! With that in the back of my mind, I left Yakima, WA at 5:30 am. I couldn't believe the traffic at that time of the morning which of course only got worse the closer I got to Seattle. Again, pretty country as you travel through the Cascade Mountains and Washington does a great job keeping their major freeways comfortable to drive - I think 90 was just recently paved it was that smooth.
The drive was easy though and even Seattle traffic couldn't phase me after all the cities I had driven through in the last two and a half months - at least I sort of knew my way around. Customs didn't seem to have any issues with me and let me back into the country thankfully - much easier then when we left and I thought they were going to ban me from ever entering the States ever again.
On the ferry home, there was a neat welcome - we passed a pod of Orca and although they were too far away for any good shots, it made me feel like I was truly back home.
Mom had put out a 'welcome home' sign for me on my door and the neighbours came over to say 'welcome back' as soon as I pulled into the driveway.
All in all, it was good to home although I wish I had seen more of the parks and stopped in more towns on way back - I don't feel like I took full advantage of the trip by a long shot. However, I wasn't expecting the car trouble and that did take a lot of time to sort out.

I am happy to be home and happy to be working at a desk again instead of a picnic table - I got tired of that pretty quick!
The next trip is in August with the Rover Landers here in BC and Jon is coming up from Dallas to travel with me. I am looking forward to that trip and it'll be nice to have a co-pilot again - always more fun to have someone to share the memories with then traveling alone. More on that trip to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment