Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Coolest Computer Bag Ever!

I have to admit it, I am a bag lady! I love bags like some women love shoes. It seems I am always in search of the perfect bag - computer bag, camera bag, expedition bag - it doesn't really matter. And rarely do I find a bag that fits my needs, utterly functional, looks totally cool, and exceeds my expectations when it comes to the environmental and fair trade ethical stuff that makes frivolous consumerism so bloody difficult these days. 
And yes, I have a serious bag problem... 

Because I have this problem, I have a concern about what exactly it may do to my carbon footprint. I know, sounds nuts from someone who drives a Range Rover but, well, that is a post for another day. However, I worry that even though I give my old bags to the Salvation Army, I fear they may end up in a landfill somewhere one day. Does this stop my search of the perfect bag? No, but it does slow me down a bit. That was until I found the Osprey Resource Astro Courier Bag:
The Osprey Resource Astro Courier Bag is made from 72% recycled material. Brilliant! Osprey makes an entire line of these Resource bags, all made from recycled material and with the same attention to detail that they show in their regular bags. 
On top of improving a bag ladies carbon footprint, Osprey also gives all their bags a lifetime warranty. This means that if stitches come undone, zippers blow, or the little plastic bits fall apart, they will replace them free of charge. This, in theory at least, should mean that this bag will remain the coolest computer bag for many, many years as there will be no need to replace it when it gets shabby! Better for the environment yet again!
Lastly, all Osprey bags are made in the US meaning less fossil fuels are used to transport the finished product half way around the word. Absolutely stellar news! 
As computer bags go, the Osprey Resource Astro Courier bag is a solid, well-designed, and very functional carrier. It has multiple pockets, an adjustable shoulder strap, and a basic hip belt to keep it from swinging around a ton when you walk or ride. 
With the amount of travel time I put in, a sturdy computer bag is vital to protect my MacBook Pro. Thanks to Adam Spiker from Off-Roving, I have a Pelican Laptop Case - brilliant for when I want to really protect the laptop but a little overkill for walking to the local coffee shop when I need a change of scenery. 
I seriously belive my new Osprey Astro is going to be in my collection for many years...at least I can only hope...!


0 comments:

Post a Comment