Thursday, April 12, 2007

Finally I can post to my blog again!

This has been nuts! Its been over a month since Blogger has allowed me access to this blog...not that much has gone on I guess...well, no, that's not true at all - its been a heck of a month and I don't even know where to begin!
Let's travel backwards in time to start with the Pacific Coast Rover Club's Spring Women's Run on April 7th in Portland, Oregon. Pamela Petroff organized the event and as with everything Pamela does, it was a well-organized and fun day. Some pics of the day are on my gallery and eventually an article will be in Land Rover World (if I do my homework tomorrow!).
Backwards isn't working I guess - let's talk about SCARR '07. On the 19th I am off to Dallas, Texas for the South Central Area Rover Rally. This promises to be an interesting event for this little Canadian chickie and I have been assured that if the Dallas Stars don't win at least one game against the Vancouver Canucks between now and the 19th, I won't be getting picked up at the airport...pressures on and I guess it would not go over so well if I wore my jersey ;-) Anyway, again I am putting this together for Land Rover World and I am really looking forward to this event. I met a few of the members at Moab in October 2006 and I am excited about the opportunity to meet more of them before this year's Solihull Society's National Rally in Montrose, Colorado - the more the merrier at these events.
Oh, and in June I am heading to England for Land Rover World's Annual Show at Eastnor Castle! The truly exciting part is that John Carroll, the editor of the LRW, is going to arrange an opportunity for me to test drive the new Defender! Hard for non-Land Rover fanatics to understand maybe but the Defender has not even been released in the UK yet and the chance of it ever coming to North America is pretty slim (NA is getting way to regulated when it comes to the specs necessary to meet for importing vehicles).
This will have to be continued tomorrow - too much to write about for one day! So tomorrow expect to read about C.A.A.R.F. and B.A.R.F., pet food recalls and much much more!


0 comments:

Post a Comment