Sunday, May 18, 2008

McKinney, TX and Southfork

Who remembers watching 'Dallas'? Miss Elly, JR and the whole sordid lot? Great show from the late 70's and early 80's that revolutionized prime time soap operas and coined the phrase 'who killed JR?'


Well, I watched it religiously and the fact I was in elementary school, well, it taught me a ton about the oil industry and dinking scotch. Too bad I don't like scotch and although I may have some stocks in various oil companies, they have yet to make me rich.


Long story short - we drove past Southfork today on the way to McKinney. It was amazing to see how small and normal the house is in real life and nice to see they are still keeping it as the oh-so-famous Southfork.


McKinney was a rare treat as well. I would have liked to have spent the whole day there shooting and exploring but time always seems to be an issue. 


We went from McKinney to Delaney's Irish Pub to meet with a group from the Texas Rovers. Had great conversation and as usual, some of the guys ended up under the Rovers - I think they are all more comfortable there then pretty much anywhere else.


On the way home, Jon decided to take Kels (my Rangie) up a nice steep pile of dirt off the side of Highway 75. There are a few pics - she looked great up there. Too bad she decided to blow a gasket on the way home and is incapacitated yet again until we can get some parts.
Considering the heat of the day, we had a wonderful time sightseeing and visiting with friends - the perfect Sunday afternoon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment